Analyst - Venture Capital
Your Mission: Find the next startup to become part of the Rhapsody portfolio! You will source and lead intro calls with early-stage, science-based startups, leveraging your technical science/engineering background to help identify promising investment opportunities.
- Bringing “hard-tech” innovations -- things like new materials, engineering innovations, chemistries, food tech -- from the lab to the market is impactful for our planet and our economy, and is an amazingly rewarding mission!
- Enabling collaborations between startups and industry partners is critical to ensure that startups can bring their world-changing innovations to market successfully.
- Alongside Rhapsody’s investment activity, we’ve built an innovation ecosystem in which we work intimately with leading corporations around the globe to nurture relationships with innovation sources (startups and universities). This ecosystem has grown rapidly, helping the startups we work with to thrive.
- Talk to startups! You will meet with around a dozen a week to find our next investment.
- Facilitate partnership discussions between startups and industry.
- Conduct industry and technology deep dives to help guide investment decisions.
- Work directly with large companies and startups to support the ecosystem in a structured program.
- Join one of the startups in our portfolio to do operational work such as business development and marketing.
- A graduate of a top school with a degree in engineering or in applied science.
- Curious about the world around you. You are comfortable engaging in purposeful conversations with startup founders to learn their story.
- At home in the world of science and engineering.
- Uninspired by the latest app or back office software “innovation.”
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where decisions are made quickly and you are given broad autonomy to get your work done.
If you’re curious about hard tech VC, please reach out!
If you have the right general background, we will get in touch and are excited to speak with you.
About Rhapsody Venture Partners
Rhapsody Venture Partners is a venture investor in Cambridge, MA that funds early-stage applied science and engineering companies. Rhapsody’s team works side-by-side with entrepreneurs to develop industry partnerships that reduce time-to-commercialization and accelerate growth. Learn more at www.rhapsodyvp.com.
Position is based in Cambridge, MA with domestic and international travel.